Eschatological Views

Eschatological views...

Soo many churches today focus on eschatology (the study of the end of days) from Daniel, Ezekiel, and Revelation... We focus so much on it that we sometimes forget the important role that the Gospel plays in it. I personally am an Amillennialist. I look at parts of end times prophesy having been fulfilled already with the last event being Christ's return, taking his Church, and consummation of the age.

This shouldn't surprise anyone. I'm Reformed, and I'm an Amillennialist. The one difference I share with my postmillennial brethren is that I don't share the view of a literal millennium.

Now, eschatology is important. I am in no way bashing those who faithfully study it... And I only think a little badly of those who disagree with my view (sarcasm). But when we forget the Gospel and just worry about the details, we have issues.
The mainstream view in America is the Dispensational premillennialism... It differs from Historic premillennialism in that it is a pre-tribulational rapture. It sticks hard to literal sign interpretation, and leaves no room for fulfilment in our time. John MacArthur, a notable Calvinist Pastor, endorses this view and it is strongly reflected in his Study Bible.
This view of the end times is sometimes so engrossing that people focus solely on the details. Not everyone can be Mr. MacArthur and integrate the Gospel into this view.

So what am I saying? I am saying that it doesn't matter which view you carry. You can be a Dispensational premillennialist, Postmillennialist, Amillennialist (the best view), or Historic premillennialist, but when you forget the Gospel your view doesn't make much sense.
The purpose of the consummation of the age is strictly to bring about the final salvation of his people. The Gospel plays a purposeful role in the end of days. And we cannot forget that.

Soli Deo Gloria!

Comments

Popular Posts